Skip to main content

Adi Reloaded!!

A long long time since my last post. A lot has happened since the time I had posted the last entry in May 2008. Well I had sort of forgotten I had created a blog and here is another attempt. A resolution takenm this August means I will be more regular in posting to this blog

Sitting in a small 2 room, ground floor appartment in kalkaji, Delhi - a look back on the past year is not possible, but what I time I having right now.  New job, new place its fantastic. i do miss idyllic and serene Goa, but then Goa does not have employment to offer to me does it now?
 

I have decided to be here at least 2-3 years before moving on to greener pastures ;) so I have my bike here, will be posting a few pics soon.  Still I havent been moving about much, not even 10% of the must see places in Delhi. This must say something about my work schedule.

Its hectic, but enjoyable, when i can needle my seniors by simple fact that I know more than they do, which is blatantly exposed everytime they open their mouth. But thats besides the point, the point being I am enjoying it.....

Another random thought as I sign off for today, I have recently applied to a Government post. What if I get it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A holiday in Zimbabwe

Its been roughly seven months since I arrived here in Zimbabwe. Most of it has been spent working 15-18 hours a day giving rise to complaints and accusations of me ignoring my family, the wife etc. even leading to a time when my wife refused to communicate with me. While many a married man may find that a pleasant thought, I for one very much like my wife talking to me, because that makes sure I don't have to say anything, which is just as well since I usually don't have anything much to say or talk about these days except work. But it was all worth it. All the hard work, long hours and ignoring the family paid off finally when it came to cashing in my chips. The wife and me went on a holiday!! But planning and putting together the holiday was by itself a daunting task. You see, while I am in Harare, Zimbabwe, the wife is in Oxford, UK, also working also constrained by the fact the since she'd just joined in August 2013, there could be a problem getting leave. But al...

Stranger in my own home

About a month and a half ago. I returned from Harare. My stint was over and there was no chance of me going back to Harare. At least not with the same employer. It felt really wonderful to be back. Familiar sights, smells, roads, buildings etc. But a lot had changed. And I do not mean just the roads and buildings and the scenery, but myself. Since 2009, I have consistently been staying away from home. Delhi, Shimla, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore and finally Harare. Coming home after such a long time for an extended stay is a unsettling experience. As days went by I realised with great distraught that I had forgotten old haunts, shortcuts, roads, out of the way pubs and eateries. I was suddenly unaware of what to buy where and information did not come readily. It took a lot of prodding and head scratching to remember all of my accumulated knowledge of Goa. I had to travel many roads anew to rebuild the linkages in my head. Does this happen to everyone? I mean its so embarras...

Paradise Lost

I haven't posted on this blog for a long time. No inspiration you see. But events in the past few years from 2014 onwards have created an unrest within me. A need to get things out, shout out the frustrations and indignation that I feel festering inside. These usually come out as discussions and debates with my wife, but tend to degenerate into arguments (heated) and unsatisfactory endings. (which have to be taken care of in the bedroom). The wife thinks I take things personally and am of the mentality of my way or the highway, and as such am incapable of having a logical and unbiased discussion or debate. I initially dismissed the idea as absurd, since school I have striven to be liberal, equal towards all genders, castes, creeds etc., I couldn't have turned into a bigot surely. But, deeper introspection reveals the seeds are there and slowly but surely, I have started leaning more right than I would like to admit. Hence the post, get it all out, try to make sense of it a...