Skip to main content

The roll of the dice...

This is the second entry under the same heading... for reasons beyond my control, i was unable to complete the post in one single sitting.

Its weird how the road of life goes, you never know whats beyond the next corner, sometimes you don't even know there is a corner or an intersection until you actually get there.

Something similar happened  when i was on vacation. suddenly I was at a new crossroad. A crossroad I was expecting but not so quickly...

Well, it was a fruitful, relaxing and wonderful vacation that left me nervous and apprehensive about the future. New decisions, new doors opening, new people entering my life, some doors closing... and a sudden change in perpective..

The folks were happy to have me, luckily Hans was there too, we had a great time together. felt so good to drive around Goa sitting behind the wheel of the car.

Some developments have opened a lot of questions... questions like what have i been doing with life, just fooling around or really looking / searching for my place / niche. Whatever I have been doing, a strong need to slow down and find my place soon has surfaced.

Comments

Mukta said…
hola! just found your blog. had no idea you blogged.

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmm, come february, I have a new mate, my new Toshiba Satellite with windows Vista! Bugger, I hate Vista already, consumes all of my 512 MB ram and there is no difference between running vista basic on this notebook and running XP on my old notebook with 128 MB ram. My frustration has led me to rename Windows Vista as Windows Vishthha... Vishtha meaning spit in my native tongue. Gates could have been more clearer when naming it. He Heh

Priorities

Its been  2 months since I have begun my new adventure in Zimbabawe. Contrary to popular belief, its a thriving society, with kind, good natured albeit greedy people, striving to get back on its feet after the economic meltdown a decade ago. I thought the going would be tough. Its much more than tough, its brutal, but I find myself enjoying it. The pressure, the multitasking, developing people skills, the responsibility and the the multiple roles that I am playing here seem to give me a rush, the same kind of rush that I felt when I was working my own gig at Goa in 2006-2008. But, in this rush, I seem to have forgotten that I am now a married man, that part of my free time, all if possible, belongs to my family. So engrossed am I in my work, that I am finding myself thinking more of work and less of the family I left back home. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with me? What makes one forget some things while remembering others? What makes ME, remember to call up every sing

A holiday in Zimbabwe

Its been roughly seven months since I arrived here in Zimbabwe. Most of it has been spent working 15-18 hours a day giving rise to complaints and accusations of me ignoring my family, the wife etc. even leading to a time when my wife refused to communicate with me. While many a married man may find that a pleasant thought, I for one very much like my wife talking to me, because that makes sure I don't have to say anything, which is just as well since I usually don't have anything much to say or talk about these days except work. But it was all worth it. All the hard work, long hours and ignoring the family paid off finally when it came to cashing in my chips. The wife and me went on a holiday!! But planning and putting together the holiday was by itself a daunting task. You see, while I am in Harare, Zimbabwe, the wife is in Oxford, UK, also working also constrained by the fact the since she'd just joined in August 2013, there could be a problem getting leave. But al