Skip to main content

Illogical Humans!!

Some times I really wonder how Mr Spock survived in the Star trek Universe in the company of so many humans. I mean, human emotions and their driven actions must surely always be an irritant to Mr Spock. And considering the fact that he was part human, I am sure it must have been a daunting task to control that side from expressing the frustration, anger and indignation at illogical human behavior. What an irony!!

What makes me think of Spock here, is that I find myself increasingly in similar positions when concerns my fellow humans beings in my immediate surroundings these days. I am usually very calm and composed, avoiding conflict, unnecessary confrontation and that sort. This is due to the self awareness that I have a very short fuse and I am capable of serious stuff when enraged. But that is besides the point.

What irks me most is why people have to form an opinion about my personal life. I have colleagues, I never ask or bother to find out about their personal lives except for the occasional query regarding the general well being of their near and dear ones. I do not find it appealing to spend my personal time with the same bunch of people, with whom I have spent the whole day working. In fact I like to spend my personal time alone, reading if possible. But here the work load is so great, I usually spend it working.... alone.

Still, people have a weird affinity to explore other people's personal lives, speculate and discuss and form opinions and theories, and all that in the absence of the person whose private life is in question. Why do we need this. Work done, go and have fun, watch TV, relax, read, talk to your folks etc. Even when you sit down and discuss, there are a million things neutral and impersonal that could be discussed. No one discusses anything of importance, and give me stares when I explain why a spider's legs curl up when it dies. We have five engineers in the house, it takes one scientist to fix a malfunctioning toilet flush. Grown men are unable to wash their own underwear and I have to put my foot down about some ground rules. Grown men are unable to wash their own plates when the maid is on leave.

What makes a person so callous about the little things that add discipine, dignity and elegance to life. I wonder, is it the society to blame? Is poor parenting to blame? or is a person by himself/herself to blame? 

And while I am sitting here complaining about why people have to form an opinion about my personal life, I am doing the same. I guess we humans are all illogical to an extent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hmmm, come february, I have a new mate, my new Toshiba Satellite with windows Vista! Bugger, I hate Vista already, consumes all of my 512 MB ram and there is no difference between running vista basic on this notebook and running XP on my old notebook with 128 MB ram. My frustration has led me to rename Windows Vista as Windows Vishthha... Vishtha meaning spit in my native tongue. Gates could have been more clearer when naming it. He Heh

Holiday at Asan

After a very successful Industrial Expo and accolades coming in from all quarters, it was time for the entire team to unwind. Somewhere during the period prior to the expo I had become a part of the team, sort of accepted, either that or the guys were just being nice to me or may be there is some other vested interest that I have not yet imagined. Whatever the reason, I was invited to join the team on a week end holiday. I must confess to planting the seed for the holiday. All I did was suggest to my colleagues that since the expo is done with and very little to do immediately, that we take his opportunity and the available weekend to check out Dehradun’s first and only multiplex. The guys were not too interested as no good movies were on. It dawned on them that they hadn’t taken their families together for an outing in a while and so it was decided that a weekend overnight trip was due. After much deliberations as to the appropriate choice for the holiday, Asan Barrage was decided.

Priorities

Its been  2 months since I have begun my new adventure in Zimbabawe. Contrary to popular belief, its a thriving society, with kind, good natured albeit greedy people, striving to get back on its feet after the economic meltdown a decade ago. I thought the going would be tough. Its much more than tough, its brutal, but I find myself enjoying it. The pressure, the multitasking, developing people skills, the responsibility and the the multiple roles that I am playing here seem to give me a rush, the same kind of rush that I felt when I was working my own gig at Goa in 2006-2008. But, in this rush, I seem to have forgotten that I am now a married man, that part of my free time, all if possible, belongs to my family. So engrossed am I in my work, that I am finding myself thinking more of work and less of the family I left back home. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with me? What makes one forget some things while remembering others? What makes ME, remember to call up every sing